MySQL Internal Algorithms
- 1 Important Algorithms and Structures
- 1.1 The Item Class
- 1.2 How MySQL Does Sorting (filesort)
- 1.3 Bulk Insert
- 1.4 How MySQL Does Caching
- 1.5 How MySQL Uses the Join Buffer Cache
- 1.6 How MySQL Handles FLUSH TABLES
- 1.7 Full-text Search
- 1.8 FLOAT and DOUBLE data types and their representation.
- 1.9 Threads
- 1.10 Character/Collation Sets
- 1.11 Error flags and functions
- 1.12 Functions in the mysys Library
- 1.13 Bitmaps
Nice list of some algorithms that MySQL uses. Neat stuff.